Monday, February 16, 2015

Dream Job? Not So Much!



Last night I dreamed I had applied for a job from a newspaper ad. I got the job and my sister came along with me to help me locate the “Title Company” office on Main Street in Placerville, CA; a quaint town I lived in more than 10 years ago.

The name of the company included the word Moss as a last name. I walked in and introduced myself. A nice looking man welcomed me. I asked, “May I use the restroom?” He said, “Well, uh, that’s part of why we hired you, it needs to be cleaned. You look very nice.” His tone was apologetic. I was wearing a black skirt, black, tights and high heels and a blouse. In the dream I remember thinking I was dressed for success, New York City style. He showed me the restroom and the cleaning supplies and I started scrubbing the sink. I wasn’t upset, but I thought, “huh, I thought I was going to be doing desk work. What does this job pay anyway?”

In waking life I am self-employed, not looking for a job. I have never worked in a title company nor do I know exactly what they do. I am, however, writing a new book and considering titles. I am also going through some transitions in my personal life that are similar to some I went through 10 years ago. In the language of dreams, time can be very specific as a way to remind us of something we have dealt with before, just so we don’t make the same mistake again.

The other day a client said, “I don’t let moss grow under my feet.” That is the first thing I thought of when I remembered the name Moss from my dream. Meaning that she is constantly moving, involved in interesting projects. Restrooms are where we let go of what we no longer need and clean up; something that I am literally doing at this time in my home. Placerville is about as opposite to NYC as it could be. I’ve lived in both places and love them both but they represent two different lifestyles to me. In the dream, I am dressed for a fast paced, sophisticated lifestyle, where things can change in a New York minute! However I am in a laid back, country town where things tend to happen slowly. This also reflects a decision that I am considering in my personal life.

Not knowing what the exact job description was and what I would be paid was a suggestion from my subconscious mind to get all of the details before making a decision; there could be hidden things that would definitely help me decide one way or the other.

As a natural optimist, I sometimes see what I want to see and trust that it will all work out. And, sometimes that bites me in the butt! I appreciate the gentle warning this dream provides and will be looking closer at my options. It may have saved me some big and expensive upsets.

I hope this helps you to understand the process of analyzing your nightly, nocturnal dramas, they can offer valuable insight and guidance.

Until next time, all my best wishes for your
Sweet Dreams,
⁓ Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment