Friday, December 26, 2014

Disaster Dreams




I recently received this message on my Dream Power Facebook page:

Dear Cynthia,

I absolutely love, love your Dream Power page! However...I had a dream last night that the apocalypse happened...the sky was red...earthquakes were happening...my cousin was with me...I was in a crowd and the lights went out...she kept telling me to hold her hand because there were dead people in the bathroom...none of it made any sense and I woke up in a cold sweat, hyperventilating...sorry to bother you with this...but I keep having apocalyptic dreams...any advice?











Annalea Jones

Dear Annalea,
While a small percentage of dreams do come true, most disaster dreams refer to a challenging situation in the dreamers waking life. Since your cousin was with you in the dream, I would start by asking: where in your family life do you sense a life changing disruption? 

Dead people in the bathroom, sounds so unsettling, but if we interpret the symbols involved, we can gain some clarity. Symbolically this is saying that things that were once alive are now dead. Perhaps this could represent a relationship that is ending or anything that is coming to an end. Bathrooms are where we purge or dispose of that which no longer serves us, it is also where we wash ourselves clean

The lights went out, which makes us ask, where in your waking life is there an absence of awareness? Is someone lying or covering something up? Your subconscious mind is alerting you that an earth shattering change is occurring in your life. The good news is that you are fine! You survive and even assist your cousin, a very good sign.

Ultimately, life is about change. And even when initially we do not choose it, if we ask ourselves two questions: what can I learn from this and how can I grow as a result of this? Most often, we will benefit from the answers.

All my best wishes to you,

Cynthia Richmond

No comments:

Post a Comment